A word from the CEO
It is with great pleasure that SLC Agrícola S.A. presents its code of ethics, which was developed as a guide to the company’s ethical and sustainable commitments for all those who are involved in our business process.
This code will strengthen the company’s values and establish guidelines for long-lasting relations with our suppliers, employees, clients, shareholders, government and society as a whole.
I firmly believe that the content of this document, together with your commitment, will contribute to the socia and environmentally responsible growth of SLC Agrícola S.A. throughout Brazil and the regions in which the company operates.
The word ethics has its roots in the Greek word “ethos,” which means character. It is closely linked with the word “morals” although it has a wider reach. Definitions aside, both ethics and morals deal with a universal principle – the superiority of the group to the individual, of the community to the person – so much so that they are the cornerstones of the codes of conduct of all communities.
The goal of this manual is to introduce the values and principles of SLC Agrícola, in order to guide its professional activities, in turn ensuring that all relationships are based on ethical values, durability, transparency, consideration, respect for human life and the direct involvement of all stakeholders.
- To administer the company in an honest and transparent manner that encourages healthy relationships between all the Company’s stakeholders (shareholders, clients, suppliers, employees, government and society as a whole).
- To ensure that all information, data and reports are published in an effective and transparent manner and are readily available to all stakeholders.
- To undertake regular internal and external audits.
- To maintain a Sustainability Committee to define sustainable policies and strategies and Improvement Groups to deal with all questions of quality.
- To ensure relationships based on confidence and transparency, to recognize the right of free association, to fight against corruption, to respect diversity and the rights of children and teenagers, to value human life and combat all forms of discrimination.
- To ensure a safe and healthy workplace through the development of practices and policies that minimize occupational risks.
- To act in accordance with all current legislation.
- To ensure that employees comply with all internal conduct standards.
- Employees should avoid any situation that may create a conflict between their personal interests and those of the company. These include any personal activities, investments or interests that interfere with, or could interfere with their judgment.
- To assure the same conditions as those provided to employees of SLC Agrícola for the duration of their time with the company.
- When ratifying suppliers, to take into consideration not only their financial, commercial and quality indicators, but also their social responsibility and ethical standing.
- To seek long-lasting relationships built upon ethical behavior and transparency.
- To offer exemplary products in order to guarantee customer satisfaction.
The company seeks to attain an economic, environmental and social equilibrium between all of its activities. The company will conduct all business with social and environmental responsibility, thereby contributing to sustainable development.
- To invest in technology that promotes sustainable development and the preservation of the environment in all its aspects, continuously improving products and processes through awareness and the adoption of effective programs.
- To minimize environmental risks and impacts generated by its processes by adopting management practices that comply with all the applicable legislation.
- To adopt social practices and policies throughout the production chain, thereby contributing to social and economic development.
- To form partnerships with private and public institutions to promote professional qualifications and development.
- To exercise social awareness and engage in volunteer social work.
- To encourage social projects that contribute to the development of the regions where the company operates.
- To form partnerships in order to promote the economic development of the regions where the company operates.
- To fulfill its obligations to all stakeholders.
- To prioritize the hiring of labor from the company’s operational regions.
- To adopt good agricultural practices through a management model that seeks a balance between high productivity, low cost and the reduction of social and environmental impacts.
- To manage market risk by considering a series of concepts consistent with the best international practices and the standards established by regulatory agencies in Brazil and abroad.