The Company’s shares are listed for trading in the B3 under the symbol “SLCE3”. SLC Agrícola has entered into an agreement with the B3 to list its shares in the “Novo Mercado” the highest level of the differentiated corporate governance practices.
Each common share entitles its owner to one vote in SLC Agrícola general and special shareholders’ meetings. According to the agreement to be entered into with BM&FBOVESPA for the listing the Company’s shares in the Novo Mercado, SLC Agrícola cannot issue shares without voting rights or with restricted voting rights. Moreover, as determined in the Company’s by-laws and the Brazilian corporation law, SLC Agrícola shareholders have the right to receive dividends and other distributions made in connection with the Company’s common shares in proportion to their ownership interest in the Company’s share capital.
Holders of SLC Agrícola’s common shares are entitled to be included in a public tender offer in the case that a controlling stake in the Company is sold and the minimum price to be offered for each share is 100.0% of the price paid per share of the controlling stake.
In event of SLC Agrícola dissolution, the Company’s shareholders have the right to receive payments proportional to their ownership interest in SLC Agrícola’s share capital, after the settlement of all the Company’s obligations. Owners of SLC Agrícola’s common shares have the right participate in the Company’s share capital increases, in proportion to their ownership interest in SLC Agrícola’s share capital, but are not obligated to subscribe to new shares in future share capital increases.
According to the Brazilian corporation law, neither SLC Agrícola’s by-laws nor actions taken at a shareholders’ meeting may deprive a shareholder of the following rights:
- the right to participate in the distribution of profits;
- the right to participate, in proportion to ownership interest in SLC Agrícola’s share capital, in the distribution of any residual assets in the event of the Company’s dissolution;
- the right to preemptive rights in relation to the subscription of shares, convertible debentures or subscription bonuses, except in the circumstances described in the Brazilian corporation law;
- the right to inspect, in the manner set forth in the Brazilian corporation law, the management of corporate business; and
- the right to sell their shares in the circumstances defined by the Brazilian corporation law.
Each purchaser of SLC Agrícola common shares in the United States will be deemed to have agreed not to deposit such common shares into an unrestricted global depositary receipt facility for as long as those shares are “restricted securities” within the meaning of Rule 144 under the Securities Act and to have represented and agreed as follows:
- the purchaser: (i) is a qualified institutional buyer and is aware that the sale of SLC Agrícola common shares to it is being made in reliance on exemptions from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and such acquisition will be for its own account or for the account of a qualified institutional buyer; or (ii) a person who, at the time the buy order for the common shares was originated, was outside the United States and was not a U.S. person (and was not purchasing for the account or benefit of a U.S. person) within the meaning of Regulation S under the Securities Act;
- in making its decision to purchase the common shares, the purchaser: (i) has made its own investment decision regarding the common shares based on its own knowledge; (ii) has had access to such information as it deems necessary or appropriate in connection with its purchase of the common shares; and (iii) has sufficient knowledge and experience in financial and business matters and expertise in assessing credit, market and all other relevant risk and is capable of evaluating, and has evaluated independently, the merits, risks and suitability of purchasing the common shares; and
- SLC Agrícola common shares have not been, nor will they be, registered under the Securities Act and may not be re-offered, resold, pledged or otherwise transferred except: (i) (a) to a person who the purchaser reasonably believes is a qualified institutional buyer in a transaction meeting the requirements of Rule 144A, (b) outside the United States in a transaction complying with Rule 903 or Rule 904 of Regulation S or (c) pursuant to an exemption from registration under the Securities Act provided by Rule 144 thereunder (if available); and (ii) in accordance with all applicable securities laws of the states of the United States.
The investors residing outside Brazil, including institutional investors, are authorized to acquire securities, including SLC Agrícola shares, at the Brazilian stock exchanges, as long as they comply with the register requirements under Resolution nº 2,689 and CVM Instruction nº 325, of January 27, 2000, and amendments.
The investors registered under Resolution nº 4,373, except for certain circumstances, may carry out any type of transaction in the Brazilian capital market involving a security traded in the stock exchange, futures market or organized over-the-counter market. The investments in and remittances of, outside Brazil, earnings, dividends, profits or other payments related to SLC Agrícola shares are carried out through the foreign exchange market.
To become an investor registered under the provisions of Resolution nº 4,373, an investor residing outside Brazil shall:
- appoint representative in Brazil, with powers to perform actions relating to its investment;
- appoint an authorized custodian in Brazil for its investment under Resolution nº 4,373, which must be a financial institution duly authorized by the BACEN and CVM; and
- through its representative, register as a non-Brazilian investor with the CVM and register the investment with the BACEN.
Securities and other financial assets held by non-Brazilian investors pursuant to CMN Resolution no 4,373 must be registered or maintained in deposit accounts or under the custody of an entity duly licensed by the BACEN or the CVM. In addition, securities trading is restricted to transactions carried out in the stock exchange or through organized over-the-counter markets licensed by the CVM.
All SLC Agrícola’s material facts, earnings results and other notices to the market are published simultaneously at CVM/BM&FBOVESPA and at the investor relations area of the Company’s website (ir.slcagricola.com.br), and sent later by email to persons registered to receive this information. To receive information by e-mail please register here.
Complete financial statements are published annually on the newspapers : “Jornal do Comércio” and “Diário Oficial do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul”. Quarterly financial statements, press releases, presentations, material facts and notices to shareholders are available in the investor relations area of SLC Agrícola’s website (www.slcagricola.com.br). Other information about the Company also may be obtained on the website of São Paulo Stock Exchange (www.bmfbovespa.com.br) and at the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil – CVM (www.cvm.gov.br).
SLC Agrícola S.A.
Rua Bernardo Pires, nº 128, 3º andar
Santana, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul
Tel: +55 (51) 3230-7864
Fax: +55 (51) 3230-7750
Ivo Marcon Brum
CFO and Investor Relations Officer
Investor Relations Manager